Many car owners assume their vehicle will continue running for years to come with little effort on their part. While this is mostly true for reliable Toyotas, factory-scheduled maintenance is still recommended for every car, truck, and SUV. Here’s why scheduling routine inspections for your Toyota is so important.
Benefits of Toyota Factory-Scheduled Maintenance
As with all mechanical equipment, your Toyota needs routine care to remain in top working condition for years to come. Here’s how you benefit when you make Toyota factory-scheduled maintenance a priority:
- Save money: Maintenance may require a small investment, but the amount you spend to prevent problems is much less than you would pay to repair a neglected vehicle. For instance, replacing a timing belt before it breaks is far more affordable than waiting for it to snap and damage your engine.
- Save time: If you stick to the recommended Toyota maintenance schedule, you’ll enjoy the convenience of planned appointments, as opposed to calling a tow truck on your way to an important event because your mistreated car broke down.
- Prevent engine trouble: You’re less likely to experience car trouble at inopportune times if you keep up with things like oil and filter changes. Factory-scheduled maintenance also helps prolong your engine’s lifespan.
- Keep other systems functioning smoothly: The engine isn’t the only component that benefits from recommended car maintenance. All other systems—including brakes, tires, belts, and hoses—work better when you have them inspected on a routine basis.
- Promote safety: No one wants to get in an accident. Since car maintenance decreases your odds of experiencing an ill-timed malfunction, it keeps you safer on the road. The peace of mind that comes from knowing your vehicle will work the way it should is priceless.
- Maintain higher car value: You may plan to sell or trade in your car for a new one later on. The ability to show records of routine maintenance can help you fetch a higher price. Plus, the internal workings will inherently be better, making it easier to sell your car to the highest bidder.
Tips for Keeping Track of Your Car Maintenance Schedule
It’s not enough to understand the benefits of Toyota factory-scheduled maintenance—you must also follow the recommendations to reap the rewards. Here’s how to make sure you stick with your car’s maintenance schedule:
- Check your owner’s manual: There, you should find a chart that tells you how often your Toyota car, truck, or SUV needs certain work done. If you can’t find the manual, look it up on Toyota.com.
- Create a vehicle maintenance log: Keep an eye on your mileage and document when you had your car serviced last. Toyota factory-scheduled maintenance is based on how far you’ve driven and how many months it’s been since your last tune-up. Milestones occur every six months or 5,000 miles, whichever comes first, so don’t lose track of time or your mileage. Set reminders or calendar events on your phone to help you stay on track.
Schedule Toyota Factory-Scheduled Maintenance
Visit Scott’s Fort Collins Auto in Northern Colorado for all your Toyota service and repair needs. Our ASE certified technicians have specific training to help you keep up with Toyota factory-scheduled maintenance. We even offer free loaner cars for qualifying minimum repairs.
Rest easy knowing that we have the tools and knowledge required to reliably service your Toyota. Our tune-ups come with a complimentary multi-point inspection. If you mechanic finds something that requires attention, we’ll give you all the information up front—including the level of urgency and the associated repair cost—so you can make an informed decision. We’ll never recommend anything you don’t need.
Ready to arrange Toyota factory-scheduled maintenance? Set an appointment online, call us at (970) 682-4202, or swing by one of our Fort Collins or Loveland locations anytime between 8 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday or until 1 pm on Saturday.