Ft Collins: (970) 682-4202
Loveland: (970) 541-4404
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. We collect information about you for two reasons: 1) to process your order, and 2) to provide you with the best possible service. We will not email you or pass your information to another company, partner, or agent unless you have given us your consent. In order to process your payment we may, however, provide financial information to our account processors (including Banks and such organizations). In addition, you may notify us if you do not wish to receive any further marketing information from us. The type of information we will collect about you includes your name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card details. We will endeavor to ensure the information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- We also collect other information that you voluntarily provide to use, e.g., through responses to surveys, questionnaires, and the like.
- IP Address. We store the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer when you visit our Site. This information is only used to create broad demographic summaries of where our users come from, e.g., we know what percentage of users come from Europe or Asia. Our use of the IP addresses, however, does not identify the actual users of the Site.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
We may provide information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted (“Aggregate Information”) to third parties. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our Site and the activities they conduct while on our Site. We might also inform an implant company (that may or may not be an advertiser on our Site) that “30% of our users work east of the Mississippi” or that “25% of our users have inquired about implants.” Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge for this information.
How We Handle Your Personal Information Internally
Security. Your information is stored on the ScottsFortCollinsAuto.com Site server located in the United States. We use procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy, including encryption, “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layers. We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet.
Use. We may use your registration information and other voluntarily submitted information, including Personal Information, in the following ways:
- To enable us to process and verify subscriptions;
- To enable us to verify user credentials in order to maintain reasonable security;
- To provide our editors with information that is useful in developing new features and services for our users;
- To allow us to potentially vary advertising based on user preference, usage preferences, and demographics;
- To enable us to develop and improve the features, content, and services available through the Site;
- To contact you regarding new Site features, topic-based news alerts, products, and service buying opportunities.
Internally, we use Aggregate Information in a number of ways to improve the Site and its content and services.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
When you receive an email notification from us, you will be given the option of receiving recurring informational/promotional emails from Scott’s Fort Collins Auto and/or third parties. You may opt out of receiving these emails in the manner specified in the email or on this Site or by changing your preferences in your member profile as specified below.
CONTROL OF YOUR PASSWORD
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CONTACTING US
You can always contact us in order to (a) delete your Personal Information from our systems, (b) update the Personal Information that you have provided to us, and (c) change your preferences with respect to informational/promotional contacts, by emailing us at info@ScottsFortCollinsAuto.com.
Revised February 8, 2012.